Category: Non catégorisé
Published on Saturday, 26 January 2013 12:03
Objectives of training and Human Rights Education:
The main objective of the training in the field of Human Rights, set by the Arab Institute, consists of promoting Human Rights, democracy, peace and development through the achievement of the following sub-objectives:
- Dissemination of the Universal culture of Human Rights, which is based on the International Bill of Human Rights and international Conventions in this field.
- Define the International Mechanisms to protect Human Rights.
- Develop skills of Non-Governmental Organizations related to the use of International, Regional and National Mechanisms, for the sake of protecting Human Rights (Reinforcing the institutional and human capacities of the Organizations).
- Develop human and financial Capacities, Strategic Planning, and Organizations' management.
- Encourage the establishment of Information Networks and cooperation between Non-Governmental Organizations, in various Arab countries, in the field of Human Rights Education.
- Promote the associative fabric of Civil Society to facilitate their active participation; in order to disseminate a culture of democracy and to establish a comprehensive development.
- Encourage dialogue and consultation between Governmental Institutions and Non-Governmental Organizations; in order to create a political climate suitable to disseminate the Culture of Human Rights.
Beneficiaries from training activities and Human Rights Education:
- Organizations defending Human Rights and Organizations of Human Rights Education.
- Research and Information Centers in the field of Human Rights and Women's Organizations.
- Childhood Organizations.
- Journalists' Unions.
- Lawyers' Unions.
Officials in charge of implementing the law.
- Persons in charge of curriculum design.
The development of curricula and training methods:
In its training activities, the Arab Institute preserved the lecture method proceeded by a discussion, while developing the practical side of the training programs (workshops, working groups, practical exercises, case studies, role play, field visits ...); and emphasizing the exchange of experience among participants as a fundamental part of the training process as well as a main source of data.
Developing tools and training means:
The participants are provided with a set of tools and training means during the training sessions of the Institute. They consist of:
- Hard copies of the interventions and the lectures presented during the training.
- Publications of the Arab Institute for Human Rights.
- Texts of Conventions, Regional and International Pacts related to Human Rights.
Publications and reference documents that are directly related to the themes of each session.
Evaluation of training activities:
To evaluate its training activities, the Arab Institute for Human Rights leans on various means. They are mainly:
- Evaluation before the fulfillment of the training activity.
- Evaluation during the achievement of the training activity.
- Evaluation based on observation.
- Evaluation after achieving the activity.
Follow-up training activities:
- Set up a database about the participants on the training sessions of the Institute.
- Send forms for graduates to update data about their activities and positions in their Organizations.
- Make some of the beneficiaries from the Institute general sessions participate in training trainers' sessions or in specialized or advanced sessions.
- Make some of the beneficiaries from the Institute training sessions participate in organizing local and national sessions.
- Make some of the beneficiaries from the training trainers programs participate in animating workshops during national and regional sessions held by the Institute.